Monday, December 23, 2013

A Trip to Langkawi

    A couple of days ago, I went to the eagle island which is Pulau Langkawi. Pulau Langkawi is filled with mystical stories from Mahsuri's curse to the Tasik Dayang Bunting; lake that was said to make girls pregnant. My family and I went there by Malindo Air. The airplane tickets were on promotion at that time. We stayed at Citin Hotel. Citin Hotel is a budget hotel that is simple and cheap. But unfortunately, my bed smells like vomit. I guess the last visitor must have vomit there. 

    On the first day, we went to the cable car at the oriental village. the cable car was half priced for malaysian. I took 2 hours to queue but all I can see is mist. Its very sad that I can see the view as the skybridge is closed and the heavy mist is covering it. Besides that, I went to sit on the elephant and feed him. His name is Lasa. my family and I got a complementary coffee in Bolaven Cafe or you can call it the tiger cafe. Its nice seeing a tiger up close while sipping on coffee.

    On the second day, we went to the mangrove tour. I went in the bat cave, fish farm , eagle sightseeing and the beach. The experience was great as I was a city girl and wanted to become an environmental engineer next time. I could see how the ecosystem is supported. Oh I forgot! I went into the crocodile cave also. The crocodile cave was very creepy cause out of 9 boats that tries to enter their, only 1 boat get to enter. The tour guide used to say that there were many crocodile here but they were scared by the boats. On the other hand, I also went to the underwater park. It was quite disappointing as it has less animals.

    On the last day, we went on a city tour. The city tour cost about RM 120 for 4 hours journey around the island. The taxi driver brought us to the eagle statue which is the heart of langkawi and a bird park which was great as you can feed the animals but the maintenance there was horrid. You can smell the bird shit just a stone away. Then, he brought us to the galeri perdana where we can see Tun Dr. Mahathirs' collections. we went to the kraf tangan museum; the craft museum before we go up the airplane to KLIA. I actually quite enjoy this trip. I hope I can go more of this trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment